Job title: Employee Benefits Administrator
Purpose of Job: To provide administrative support in all aspects of the day-to-day running of the business.
Preferred start date: 29 April 2024.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit.
If you do not include a cover letter, your application will not be considered.
We are looking for a talented administrator to join our growing team!
The Benefits Lab is an independent employee benefits consultancy based in the City. We partner with organisations to help them optimise bespoke solutions in respect of pensions as well as employee benefits, wellbeing, reward and recognition. We support organisations of all shapes and sizes across a multitude of sectors with the provision of valued, useful and engaging employee benefits.
We are passionate about empowering people through financial education and so as part of our service offering, we explain to workforces in simple terms how they can plan for their financial future, whether they are in the earlier stages of their working life or approaching retirement. We also demonstrate to employers how they could fund their employee benefits at no additional cost.
The Benefits Lab Limited is a brand within Citygate Financial Planning Limited, a financial planning firm.
Our core values are:
- Integrity – doing the right thing through our words and actions, even when no one is watching
- Genuine – being honest and sincere, always showing up as our true selves and being authentic
- Pride – a sense of satisfaction and achievement from being associated with Citygate, its employees, and the service we deliver to our clients
- Curiosity – an endless desire to learn and improve, always questioning “why?”
- Fairness – treating others the way we’d wish to be treated and striving for equilibrium in every relationship.
We are a friendly, approachable team of people who come from a variety of backgrounds. Our culture is such that everyone is encouraged to voice their ideas, as we strive towards bold ambitions and consistently look to enhance our excellent service offering.
You will have the opportunity to make a real impact at The Benefits Lab and shape the direction and success of the business.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral role within an established yet ambitious business, working alongside our Employee Benefits Account Manager. In addition to managing the firm’s administrative functions, you will help drive its long-term success by conducting marketing activities and liaising with clients.
You must be professional, personable, enthusiastic, and self-motivated, with a keen eye for detail. You will have existing administrative experience in a similar role, but more crucially, the appetite to grow a business that has already proved to be successful with very limited sales and marketing efforts.
You will have a real opportunity to grow your career within a close-knit team, working in a friendly environment where drive and enthusiasm go a long way.
You will assist in proactively growing, managing, and retaining clients by developing new business opportunities, including:
- Providing a friendly and professional point of contact for clients and enquiries
- Building rapport with clients and gaining an understanding of their motivations and requirements
- Promoting existing and additional lines of business
- Managing workflow.
You will provide administrative and general support to the founder and employee benefits consultant in the day-to-day running of workplace pension and employee benefits schemes, including:
- Ensuring action points resulting from client meetings get diarised and dealt with
- Checking the accuracy and completeness of new business documentation
- Ensuring all supporting documentation is maintained as per company procedures
- Preparing suitability letters and managing renewals
- Recording and reconciling fees
- Ensuring all work is followed up promptly in line with company standards
- Liaising with product providers to ensure timely and accurate responses to clients
- Obtaining quotes and application forms
- In time, negotiating quote prices with providers
- Handling incoming calls from our clients and providers
- General correspondence
- Managing the company’s LinkedIn page
- Other duties as directed by management.
Our ideal candidate
- Previous experience working in an administrative role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbally and in writing)
- Resourceful and proactive
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and electronic diary management
- Highly organised, methodical and disciplined
- Able to prioritise and plan own workload
- Able to work within defined business processes
- Shows initiative and takes personal responsibility for completing tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adopts a positive attitude and is willing to assist others when busy
- Able to work under pressure on occasion to achieve deadlines
- Able to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision.
- Proven successful track record in a sales-driven environment
- Previous experience in the employee benefits sector
- Knowledge of the pension, health, risk and wellbeing marketplace, products and services
- Certificate in Auto-Enrolment or equivalent / Financial Planning Qualifications GR1, IF7
- Advanced Excel.
What we offer
Salary: £32,000 – £34,000 depending on experience and skill set.
Benefits include income protection, death in service and private medical insurance. We also operate a salary sacrifice pension scheme.
This is a permanent role, with full-time working hours between Monday and Friday (although we finish at 4 pm on Fridays).
There is also the ability to work remotely for part of the week, as the team operates on a hybrid basis.
We support and encourage the continuous professional development of our team, and we will cover the costs of any relevant training and qualifications you may wish to undertake to develop your career further.
Our ethos is that finding the right person for the role goes beyond qualifications and experience; first and foremost, we are looking for someone who shares our values, will fit in with our team and will have a positive impact on our firm.
If we sound like a good fit for you, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in the job and why you would be a good fit to email@example.com by Friday 23rd February 2024.
The interview process will be conducted in three stages:
- A brief telephone interview between 19 – 28 February
- An online Teams interview between 28 February and 7 March
- A final face-to-face interview in our office between 11 – 22 March.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so don’t delay – apply today!